[Ebook] The XX Factor By Alison Wolf – Diclofenac16.us

The XX Factor For Most Of History, Being Female Defined The Limits Of A Woman S Achievements But Now, Women Are Successful Careerists Equal To Men In Norway, Women Legally Must Constitute A Third Of All Boards In America, Women Have Gone From 3% Of Practising Lawyers In 1970 To 40% Today, And Over Half Of All Law Students These Changes Are Revolutionary But Not Universal The Sisterhood Of Working Women Is Deeply Divided Making Enormous Strides In The Workplace Are Young, Educated, Full Time Professionals Who Have Put Children On Hold But For A Second Group Of Women This Is Unattainable Instead, They Work Part Time, Earn Less, Are Concentrated In Heavily Feminised Occupations Like Cleaning And Gain Income And Self Worth From Having Children Young As These Two Groups Move Ever Further Apart, Shared Gender No Longer Automatically Creates Interests In Common With Other Women The XX Factor Lifts The Curtain On These Social, Cultural And Economic Schisms.

    10 thoughts on “[Ebook] The XX Factor By Alison Wolf – Diclofenac16.us


  1. says:

    Wolf s report, which is empirically grounded, challenges a lot of assumptions that we all make about women today Among other things, she reports that men and women are treatedor less equally in the workplace once one is comparing like for like and that there is no second shift for women in fact, men and women now put in roughly the same average number of total, i.e., home plus outside working hours She also reports that it is the graduate educated professionals with the longest av Wolf s report, which is empirically grounded, challenges a lot of assumptions that we all make about women today Among other things, she reports that men and women are treatedor less ...


  2. says:

    I received a copy of The XX Factor from Goodreads giveaway program I was excited to receive this book because I am interesting in women s roles in society and the impact of those choices on women s advancement The word that keeps coming to my mind to describe this book is overwhelming The book contained an overwhelming amount of statistical information, and it became too much to read As a result, the reading of this book was not enjoyable The author obviously did an immense amount of re I received a copy of The XX Factor from Goodreads giveaway program I was excited to receive this book because I am interesting in women s roles in society and the impact of those choices on women s advancement The word that keeps coming to my mind to describe this book is overwhelming The book contained an overwhelming amount of statistical information, and it became too much to read As a result, the reading of this book was not enjoyable The author obviously did an immense amount of research before writing this, but I felt that the statistics took over the main points the author tried to make Additionally, Wolf stacked that information so close together that I ...


  3. says:

    By Christopher SwannInequality is the dark side of leaning in Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook s chief operating officer, used Lean In as the title of her book about how women should beassertive Alison Wolf shows in The XX Factor that elite females are already catching up with male peers Wolf, a professor of public sector management at King s College London, shows gains at the top have only been possible because of a revival of a distinctly non elite occupation the female servant The r By Christopher SwannInequality is the dark side of leaning in Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook s chief operating officer, used Lean In as the title of her book about how women should beassertive Alison Wolf shows in The XX Factor that elite females are already catching up with male peers Wolf, a professor of public sector management at King s College London, shows gains at the top have only been possible because of a revival of a distinctly non elite occupation the female servant The result is a rising income gap among women.Sandberg laments that women account for less than a tenth of America s best paid executives Wolf gives alpha femalesencouragement Women make up half of the top 2 percent of U.S earners The pay of female physicians and surgeons in the United States has climbed about 50 percent faster than that of their male peers over the...


  4. says:

    Alison Wolf traces the journey women have taken from the kitchen the the classrooms, courtrooms and beyond Though laden with statistics and history this doesn t bring on yawns, instead it makes you consider your place in the great machine of progress and wonder at the lives of the brave ladies who came before you, andimportant...


  5. says:

    This was an extremely interesting, well researched and well written book about the growing difference among women The argument is no longer equality between men and women in the professional world but rather, the disappearing sisterhood As a graduate school educated professional in my early thirties, it was fascinating and reassuring to hear that my situation is not odd or unique I have chosen career over children, yet I am happily married Children are still part of the plan, I just chose no This was an extremely interesting, well researched and well written book about the growing difference among women The argument is no longer equality between men and women in the professional world but rather, the disappearing sisterhood As a graduate school educated professional in my e...


  6. says:

    This book was so boring It was written like someone s thesis that they tried to turn into a book All 250 pages were written to tell about data and there were 5 pages of conclusion at the end Aside from being written poorly, I couldn t stand a few things about the author s tone She was so derogatory to women who don t have higher education and don t make a lot of money So much so that she used the term elite over and over for the women she talked about in the book who earned a lot of money This book was so boring It was written like someone s thesis that they tried to turn into a book All 250 pages were written to tell about data and there were 5 pages of conclusion at the end Aside from being written poorly, I couldn t stand a few things about the author s tone She was so derogatory to women who don t have higher education and don t make a lot of money So much so that she used the term elite over and over for the women she talked about in the book who earned a lot of money and worked in prestigious full time jobs Get over yourself You are not better than someone else because you have attended college and makemoney than the next woman Another thing that irritated me is this author comes across as someone who is a working mother who is trying to justify her choice to work full time I am all for supporting however a woman chooses to participate in her own family I just can t stand it when judgment is passed when others don t make your same decision.The last obnoxious element ...


  7. says:

    The rich are different.That s the thought that I came away from after reading The XX Factor Wolf s portrai of the changed lives of the women at the top of the socio economic heap is fascinating and rigorously backed up the appendix full or stats is very long I appreciate that Wolf is very upfront about the fact that her book is about those top 20% of women, the other 80% are presented mostly for comparison, but I am ravenous for the same rigorous analysis of the experience gap in between low The rich are different.That s the thought that I came away from after reading The XX Factor Wolf s portrai of the changed lives of the women at the top of the socio economic heap is fascinating and rigorously backed up the appendix full or stats is very long I appreciate that Wolf is very upfront about the fact that her book is about those top 20% of women, the other 80% are presented mostly for comparison, but I am ravenous for the same rigorous analysis of the...


  8. says:

    Dense, heavily researched,global in scope than anticipated, yet highly informative and readable albeit over a few weeks for me so as to digest it all better review of current family work financial issues I highly recommend it.Despite the name of the book, i...


  9. says:

    A well researched, thorough book I would recommend this to my colleagues but also to young women in high school It s a raw, truthful look at the risks, highlights and many rewards of following a professional educational and career track.


  10. says:

    Statistical deep dive into the lives of elite working women and mothers Long story short things areequal between men and women at the top then for the rest of the working world Wolf goes deep into the world of the educated elite, but not into the lives of the less educated never graduated high school or only high school diploma except by comparison to the degreed women she profiles This only paints half the picture as it intended to , so now we just need a good look at the other Statistical deep dive into the lives of elite working women and mothers Long story short things areequal between men and women at the top then for the rest o...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *